Thursday, October 10, 2013

Busy bees

Ooooof! Really enjoying laying down lately. The girls are night owls but whenever I have a snack then curl up for a rest, they start practicing their ballet. I started feeling them move early on at 13 weeks, the same gestational time I started feeling my son's tickles. 

People say the first few times you feel a baby move feels like popcorn popping or a butterfly flapping its wings. 

It worried me so much in the beginning with the twins. It was so bittersweet. Each movement meant they were also tangling their cords. Even still it never failed to put a smile on my face. They are still able to flip, but they are running out of space in there. Watching them wriggle around during ultrasounds now actually makes me feel a bit vicariously claustrophobic. I hope they don't start feeling that way though, and stay in a full 34 weeks! I really do love each kick, punch, twirl, elbow and butt nudge. I am at the fun part where you can see and feel them moving from the outside. Last night I was cuddling with my little boy when the girls started kicking away, & he could obviously feel them. He looked up at me with such a sense of wonder in his eyes. He is too little to know what is going on but he can tell it is something special. With so much going on it is easy to detach, but it's moments like that, that bring you right down to earth & remind you how wonderful life really is. I am so blessed, and feel so special I'm getting 2 this time. Kissing all these baby toes will be the best early Christmas present I could think of...

1 comment: