Wednesday, November 13, 2013

30 weeks!

Another scare...had many dips in one of the baby's heart rate and needed to be monitored for several hours. It resolved finally, but it was a total nightmare. A C-section was starting to feel imminent...

...it was 11/12/13...it was snowing, the first snowfall of the season... Things that made the day inherently special, made me feel like it just might happen.

I was crying to my husband how I just wasn't ready. He reminded me of his good friend who we just learned was born emergently at 28 weeks; not only that, but the doctor had a heart attack (!) right in the middle of cutting his mom open. You would never guess by meeting him that he had a rough start! He reminded me I was nearly 2 weeks past that and that everything would be okay.

After feeling really pressured to push past 32 by my doctors, finally today my MFM came to speak with me today. She will have me speak with the pediatrician at 31 weeks (so in one week) about 32-week babies. I will also have another round of steroid shots next week as well as a shot of magnesium, and I will be put on the schedule (!!!) for my C-section at 32 weeks, unless I want to "squeak by" as she said. This makes me so happy! I finally feel supported by them. They say the twins are looking great. But you know what, it's better to take them when it all checks out versus when things are starting to get murky. It's like Seinfeld. They let it go on for a while then cancelled it before it got bad. Yep, just like Seinfeld.

These are obviously not my babies but they are a depiction of a monoamniotic-monochorionic twin pregnancy...so this is how they are set up in there. Fun to see a visual!
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment